I was always wanted to posted details here on this blog, this was started back in 2009 but I get myself busy with few things that I didn’t get much chance. Anyways, without wasting much time let me go straight to the details on the first blog post. Today, I am going to talk about health and the positivity and how I get benefited.
About 4 years ago, while I was playing badminton with my father I met with an accident and got my leg fractured and was in hospital for about 10 days. As a normal procedure doctor did the blood test and found that I had a diabetes, that was the first time I knew I had diabetes. And since then, I had to control my food intake, it was really difficult for a foodie like me but I have done this with help with my best friend and wife. A lot had happen during past four years, and, about 10 months back I was diagnosed Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) in Feb 2016.
While everyone in my family is not-so-happy with my health and worried, I was confident and calm, because my blood group is B+ and I am die hard positive by nature. All I would say is, believe in God, believe in yourself and he will always be with you to help you achieve happiness in your life. I was (and I am) positive, I stayed calm and make my family believe in positiveness. Almost everything and anything is possible if we have will, guts, confidence and above all, belief in god.
All these years my family’s happiness was at stake because of these two diseases. In February itself I have visited Advanced Diabetes Centre in Surat and get my tailored diet plan that I have followed. And, then, I started my fitness regime seriously ( I wish I could write strictly and religiously too). As a result, I am off from diabetes medicine and no more cancer virus in my body. In the February my HB1AC was 12.9 and since then, I did 3 more report and it stays below 6 which means I am normal. Doctor confirmed and took me off from medicine but advised to continue my diet plan. If I talk about the CML no more virus or blast cells in my blood report after the first time.
How this happened? Of course, I am blessed, blessed by God, my family and my well wishers, all I did is little effort to get myself towards fit and healthy. I would like to tell you what I have done so far since February 2000(I sometimes skip thing or two and though I could achieve my health, so those who are disciplined, imagine what they could do ):
- The first thing I do in morning is having Wheat grass juice empty stomach
- Go for walk, at least 20 minutes and do Pranayam – Kapalbhati , Bhrastika and Anulom Vilom is must
- Tea and breakfast as we do normally, but try to avoid refined products as much as you can, and follow your dietician’s routine
- Since my day start early, about 10~10.30 AM I am hungry again, this time my wife give me salad or soup (earlier I use to consume refined product this time)
- I take my lunch about 12 or 12.30 PM regularly (earlier, this was not a routine)
- A tea and snake at 4 PM
- A walk time about 6 PM, again, 20 minutes at least or more
- And, dinner at 8 PM. This meal, should be lighter, and try to consume before 8 PM.
- Usually I go to bed by 10 or 10.30 PM so that I can wake up about 5.30 AM
- And, don’t forget to spare some time for you daily, about half an hour or so, do your most favorite thing. Mine is reading, and sit in front of temple
By the way, diet doesn’t mean you need to starve, diet means you need to balance your food intake based on your metabolic and as advised by your doctor, so don’t follow what I have done, but get yours prepared by your doctor. If you want to follow, follow me for staying positive.
Disclaimer: I am not endorsing any product or service here, what all links I have given are for reference only. And, do consult your family physician and or dietician to get your diet plan customized for you. Because, everyone is different and thus, the diet plan and health regime should be.
Thank you for reading, and do let me know your feedback in comment section below.
— Hemantgiri S. Goswami